04 January 2009

Resolutions

Spot the odd one out: eating, drinking, relaxing, chatting, charades, racing demon, Scrabble, DVDs, the Wii, reading, writing.

The answer is the only thing I didn't engage in over Christmas: writing. Not entirely surprising what with all the other stuff that was going on, and not particularly frustrating as I've long since discovered that you can't do everything at the same time all the time. But now back home I'm ready to start up again.

Since I started writing, the process (if I have one at all) has been really erratic: a fortnight of frantic typing and then weeks of nothing; repeat. This year I'm going to organise my time better, be more efficient and write more steadily. At least that's the plan...

Have you made any resolutions?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spot the odd one out: cleaning out the fridge, doing washing, watching Volvo Ocean Race on web, facebooking, catching up on the news, reading your blog, checking out what's on TV this week, getting a job......

Anonymous said...

Spot the odd few out - spending time in A&E, being sick, sleeping...
Yep - my husband managed to slam the car tailgate onto my head (accidentally!) and I have post concussive syndrome at what is the busiest time of year for our business :-(
So I can only write, read or using the computer for about thirty minutes before having to stop and it's seriously frustrating...
New years resolution? Get my husband to watch what he's doing!

Anonymous said...

Rach, umm, if you're any sister of mine, I'm guessing the fridge remains uncleaned.

Lorraine, what a nightmare!! Hope you're on the mend and hubby is looking after you. As if concussion isn't bad enough, you have a syndrome that's post-concussive? Double ouch.