31 January 2009

Alpha men

[image deleted]

Ah, M&B Modern Heat alpha males... Gorgeous, authoritative, ruthless, sometimes tortured, often perplexed.

But do they really exist? Should they exist? Would you want to live with one? Do you live with one? Does anyone actually know a truly alpha male? Here's a lady who has some interesting views on the subject: The Romance Hero v the 21st Century

(And here's a moral dilemma for a Saturday - if a Modern Heat hero came knocking on your door, promising the sort of things only a Modern Heat hero could, what would you do?)

4 comments:

Jackie Ashenden said...

No, I don't know any truly alpha men. And probably a good thing. They'd undoubtedly p*ss me off after a while! ;-)
Actually, that said, my husband does have some quite alpha behaviours when he's at work (and he looked very pleased when I pointed this out to him).

As for the moral dilemma...hmmm...that's a toughie. If we were living in Modern Heat land and not in real life (ergo, not married and certainly not with kiddies), I know what I'd do!

Lorraine said...

I think it could be rather exhausting ;-)

Suzanne Ross Jones said...

When I was younger I would have knocked him flat in the rush. Now, though, I just want a quiet life.

Thanks for the link.

:-)

Lucy King said...

Hmm. I agree. Probably a total nightmare. But I wouldn't mind 'meeting' one just to see ;)